- I hope there is more to the ANTIDiary and rooms. I was in love with the concept of the marketing and how much it got the fans involved by sending them clues and sending them on scavenger hunts. I know the album leaking messed a lot of things up (DAMN YOU, TIDAL) but there simply has to be more to it. Maybe it will come in effect on the tour.
- Out of the 16 tracks (including the bonus ones) these are the songs I love:
Kiss It Better– “What are you willing to dooooooo? OOOHHH, tell me what you’re willing to dooooo”. I’m so IN AMOR with this track! It captivates me because I can relate to it so much. “Kiss It Better” was made for me, especially that “fuck yo pride” part. That guitar alone, whoo. When I first heard it, I was wondering why she didn’t release this as the first single! I see why John Glass was fighting so heard for this song to be heard. That 80’s old school sound has me in my feelings. I feel like a few people feel like this song is overhyped but I think this is SUCH a good ballad. Rih would be a fool to not at least give a video for it!
Work featuring Drake- this one had to grow on me but once I heard it with the full album, I fell in love with it. I still wish she didn’t put Drake on it but I’m hoping that she has a remix up her sleeves with a dancehall/reggae artist (*cough SEAN PAUL *cough*)
Woo featuring adlibs from Travis Scott- I love how hazy, gritty and bad ass this track sounds. I know a lot of people don’t care for it but I took to this track immediately. Thanks Travis! The pettiness in the lyrics seal the deal for me.
I swear Rihanna made this song for me. This literally is something I would say.
But baby, don’t get it twisted/You was just another nigga on the hit list/Tryna fix your inner issues with a bad bitch/Didn’t they tell you that I was a savage? Again, I’m a fan of petty lyrics and this DJ Mustard produced track is a big “
fuck you” to heartbreak and “HELLO” to playing these lames like they deserve. It has been deemed the “female savage” anthem. I’m surprised that this song is buzzing on the charts just because I didn’t really think it sounded like it could be on the radio but I’m here for it.
Yeah, I Said It– Rihanna wants to be
meso bad! This song speaks to my soul because of the lyrics and how sultry and simple it is. I love how she is taking control and letting you know exactly what she wants. Once I heard how smooth this instrumental was I had to know who created it. Of course, I wasn’t surprised to see Timbaland’s name. I need more sounds like this, Tim!
Listening to this song makes me feel like Rih and me are in the same stage in life when it comes to relationships. We’re too grown to be playing with these men and we are not afraid to let you know what we want!
Same Ol Mistakes– I was hurt to know this was a cover from Tame Impala because I really fell in love with it. This song is so hypnotizing and makes me feel all groovy and psychedelic. The lyrics can be interpreted in different ways and sounds really good with Rih’s vocals. I see why she couldn’t help but do her own version of it.
- I liked that she gave two video versions to “Work” but I thought it was kinda boring. Guess my expectations were a little high.
- I give the album 4/5 stars when I listen to the songs I like but when I listen to it without skipping, it gets a 3/5
I like that Rih stepped out her zone and played with different sounds.
- “Consideration” and “Love on the Brain” are still growing on me
- “Higher” makes me laugh
- “Pose” *in my Simon Cowell voice* it’s a no from me.
- Her performance on the Brit Awards disappointed me. Especially since she didn’t perform “Kiss It Better” for the Grammys.
- This era is all over the place but it isn’t over yet so I’m going to sit back and wait to see what else is in store for ANTI